[Samba] vfs_acl_xattr issue

zorgman zorg at probesys.com
Fri Oct 8 09:58:28 MDT 2010

Hello,
I'm using samba 3.4.8~dfsg-2 with "vfs objects = acl_xattr".

[share]
     path = /home/users/xxxx
     valid users = xxxx
     read only = No
     create mask = 0666
     directory mask = 0770
     vfs objects = acl_xattr

Here is my problem, i'm connecting to my share, which have a folder
'f01' with some acl.
I created a folder and broke inherit 'f02'.
Now if i create a folder in 'f02' without change it (so it's called "New
folder", the checkbox "inherit acl" is checked). If i rename "New
folder" as "something" the checkbox "inherit acl" is becoming unchecked.

F01  => tutu,toto,titi  (inherited checked)
         \_F02 => tutu,toto (inherited unchecked)
             \_New folder => tutu,toto (inherited checked)
             \_something =>  tutu,toto (inherited unchecked)

Can you help me?

thanks