[Samba] login problem as non-root

Murat Can Tuna tuna at ptt.uni-due.de
Wed Oct 6 09:09:44 MDT 2010

Hi,

I have an ubuntu server and Fedora 11 as client.Samba and Openldap is up
to date.I successfuly log in to my samba accounts as root(without
password prompt) but whenever I try to login as non-root, I get password
incorrect error and secure log is as follow:

su: pam_unix(su:auth): authentication failure; logname=tuna uid=501
euid=0 tty=pts/0 ruser=tuna rhost=  user=mrtcn

Oct  6 16:44:42 tiergartenstrasse su: pam_winbind(su:account):
valid_user: wbcGetpwnam gave WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Oct  6 16:44:45 tiergartenstrasse su: pam_unix(su:auth): authentication
failure; logname=tuna uid=501 euid=0 tty=pts/0 ruser=tuna rhost=  user=mrtcn

Oct  6 16:44:45 tiergartenstrasse su: pam_winbind(su:account):
valid_user: wbcGetpwnam gave WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Oct  6 16:48:09 tiergartenstrasse su: pam_unix(su-l:session): session
opened for user root by tuna(uid=501)

Do you have any idea what would be the problem? I just need some advises
to search the problem on the right path. It seems like the problem is
about pam configurations but on default introductions they don't say
anything about pam that's why I didn't touch on pam configurations.

Thanks in Advance