[Samba] samba 3.4.7 as NT4 domain member and win9x

Wed Oct 6 08:41:48 MDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:18:04AM -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> yes, that was required in 3.3 as well, which does work.  3.4 doesn't.
>

> I'm aware the the age of the OS's makes it hard to setup a new test
> env, which is why I posed the question.  I would understand and accept
> "not supported" as an official answer, but currently all i see is
> hints that it should work yet many people are experiencing that it
> doens't.

Well, I'm sure we could somehow make it work if we had the
environment available. You might also try to get us the full
debug info: smb.conf, network traces, a debug level 10 log
of smbd and if you run it all log files with debug level 10
from winbind.

Volker