[Samba] samba 3.4.7 as NT4 domain member and win9x

Wed Oct 6 01:18:35 MDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 03:44:16PM -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> I think i'll rephrase my question.
>
> Are the Samba developers and community willing to support using Win9x
> client to a Samba 3.4+ server using winbind to be an NT4 domain member
> server?

Certainly we do. It's just that it is increasingly difficult
to run these systems on modern hardware, even inside a
virtualization scheme. Not many people have those CD's and
floppy disks readily around anymore.

> I can connect win9x using local accounts, just not domain accounts.
> the same domain accounts work from all other OS's, and on older Samba
> versions.

You did try "lanman auth = yes"?

Volker