[Samba] subfolder sharing with "valid users"

Keun Song keunhosong at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:09:26 MDT 2010

Chris,

I tried the following in my smb.conf, taking your advice. But even my new share [ee140] also does not prompt for username & password.

Both [Engineering] & [ee140] shares from below are browsable and behave the same way, looks like.

I assume there must be a lot of people who configure their Samba environment this way but can't find any of 'em when I googled it.

[global]
   workgroup = Engineering
   netbios name = smb1
   security = user