[Samba] Preserve Windows File permissions with extended attributes under Samba 3.6

Derek Lewis dlewis at mtu.edu
Tue Oct 5 01:39:45 MDT 2010

I have successfully compiled and installed Samba 3.6 with extended
attributes enabled (ext4 partition) to preserve the Windows XP file
create/modified dates.

With that problem solved, I want to control the file permissions in order to
preserve Windows file access controls when copied to the Samba share.

With extended attributes enabled as described above, can I also store the
permissions information?

What is a good reference for ACL manipulation?

On a related note, how should fstab be configured to preserve the user
permission on files copied to the share?

I can provide my current fstab and Samba configuration if it would help.
Though it is fairly basic.

Derek