[Samba] help with AD integration

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 07:11:10 MDT 2010

According to your page

     "getent passwd" is showing the domain users.

If you try to ssh into your linux machine as "ben", with the way
nsswitch.conf is configured, it will try to authenticated you as the
"ben" in /etc/passwd not the one in the AD domain.

I suggest you try the following
     comment out "ben" from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.

Make sure that the /export/Home/ben directory is owned by the SRE+ben
user.   See if you can ssh into linux as "ben."  (I think you can
specify "ben" and not "SRE+ben" for the ssh user.)  Keep an eye on the
log files e.g in /var/samba/log or /var/log/samba.

You have still not clarified why nsswitch.conf has entries for ldap.