[Samba] [obnox at samba.org: 3.6:idmap:Q2: get rid of (all/most) idmap alloc parameters for idmap_ldap ?]

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Nov 30 09:40:47 MST 2010

Hi Christopher,

thank you for your comments.

I know that idmap configuration has been a pain to get and keep
right over the releases. This is a pity. One of the aims, I have
been pursuing with my latest rewrite is to make ID mapping
config slightly simpler, while staying mostly backward
compatible. I am convinced that the removal of the alloc config
will get us rid of a continuous source of grief and confusion.
And I will of course do my best do document things as good as
possible. Please bear with me and carefully check config vs.
documentation once 3.6 is out. And please report bugs if there
are inconsistencies. Also please insist if I don't react in a
timely manner. If I loose track due to being busy with other
topics, I am thankful for any reminder to fix my bugs... :-)

Cheers - Michael