[Samba] Files in samba share cannot be deleted after copying failed.

Tue Nov 30 02:17:25 MST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 07:31:13PM -0800, Tao Wang wrote:
> We tested many times again. Found sometime it's work, but
> most times it's not work on our testing. Paste the smbd
> log(debug level 3) && smbstatus output.

Another interesting piece would be on the receiving side,
i.e. the log file of smbd with the process id 12924, which
in this case was the smbd holding the conflicting lock.

> But from smbstatus output, process 12924 is still there.

smbstatus output does not necessarily mean that the process
is still there. The authoritative source for the existence
of a process would be ps output or "kill -0 <pid>". We have
code to dynamically clean up the locking.tdb entries when a
process does not exist anymore and a subsequent client wants
to open a file. Is the smbstatus output your only indication
that the smbd is still there, or do you actually have the
conflict still in place?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke