[Samba] Missing secondary groups

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.ftk.spbstu.ru
Mon Nov 29 10:39:41 MST 2010

Hi,

> The problem seems to be with idmapping.    In you smb.conf file do you
> have a section for "idmap"-  this tells samba which unix user id and group
id
> ranges can be used to correspond to windows users and id's.
> the docs on samba.org may be a little out of date so you should also check
> the man pages for smb.conf and idmap_ad.

I have the following in my smb.conf:
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000

As far as I understand, Samba used tdb backend by default. I do not need
idmap_ad, so it is not configured.
ID mapping seems to works, since the command
Id petert
correctly reports UID and GID of a domain user.  However, it shows only a
single entry in the group list.

The key to the problem seems  to be the message "  getgrent failed:
NT_STATUS_NO_MORE_ENTRIES",
which is logged by winbind every time I run the id command.

With best regards,
P. Trifonov