[Samba] Missing secondary groups

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:54:17 MST 2010

My configuration has Samba domain controllers, not Windows domain
controllers, so my setup may not be applicable to you.

However,  in order for unix to use windows groups I believe it needs to
use "getent group"  to pull the information from winbind.  First of all,
you need to make sure that winbind itself is showing users and/or groups
from the Windows server

     "wbinfo -u"
     "wbinfo -g"

Then you need to make sure that /etc/nsswitch.conf has been updated for
winbind e.g

     passwd:     files ldap winbind
     group:      files ldap winbind

nsswitch.conf is used by things like getent and id.

If you are using pam_smb (I have not) the above information may not be
relative.