[Samba] Windows 2000 vs SAMBA 4

Rafa Toucedo debian.vigo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:36:39 MST 2010

Hi all, is my first posting to the list, first of all thank the people of
the project samba version 4 since it works very well with great power and
stability.

My scenario is as follows. I have an older server running Windows 2000
server with SP4, and a modern 4 working perfectly as SAMBA PDC. My goal is
to pass the users, computers and security policies of Windows 2000 to
SAMBA4. Is this possible? I have understood you have to do a "DCPROMO" in
SAMBA can it be? thank you very much in advance.