[Samba] Files in samba share cannot be deleted after copying failed.

Tao Wang Tao_Wang at symantec.com
Sun Nov 28 23:25:43 MST 2010

Hello Volker,

Thanks a lot for your help.

We figured out the reason. In our cluster environment, when the IP(Windows XP mounted the share by it) was down. It failed over to another box. This is not same as the IP is down and up on same box. It's the reason why smb cannot cleanup the share mode entry. The IP is up from another box.

We tested it with IP down/up on same box. It can work.

Thanks,