[Samba] Samba 3.5.6 and Win 7 issues

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Nov 22 09:07:54 MST 2010

I have a client that recently upgraded from Win XP to Win 7.  They were
seeing odd slowdowns and poor performance, so we upgraded to Samba 3.5.6
and enabled win 7 support "max protocol = SMB2".  They contacted me this
morning with a report of more strange behavior, names the inability to
access newly created folders with the message "file is too large for file
system".

There were no error messages in the files at this time.

I removed SMB2 protocol.  I now get a stream of

[2010/11/22 11:03:16.367103,  0] smbd/process.c:405(init_smb_request)
  init_smb_request: invalid wct number 255 (size 108)

in the client log files whenever anyone tries to access the server.  I
don't have a report from the client (they're 3,000 miles away) but I'd
like to get some advice on how to properly configure samba 3.5.6, win7,
and AutoDesk Revit if possible.

Thanks!

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.