[Samba] StorNext CVFS

Brian McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Mon Nov 15 12:21:55 MST 2010

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 06:56:57AM -0800, Brian McGrew wrote:

>>> Is it possible you're trying to connect to share "vol2"
>>> where it should be called "data2"?
>>
>> No, the shares really are called data1 and data2.  When I first setup Samba
>> on this machine, the shares were called vol1 and vol2 but that name was
>
> That's the point. The log file indicated that you tried to
> connect to vol2 and not data2. Please retry connecting to
> the share data2.

I'll attach a copy of my config file at the end of this message.  The list
won't let me attach a screen shot, but I'm for sure trying to map to
\\qfs\data1 or \\qfs\data2.  There is a homes share defined in my config
file and in Network Places, that share (called brian) works fine and I can
map to \\qfs\brian and read and write to it.  It's only the data1 and data2
shares that are the Quantum StorNext CVFS filesystem that are giving me
problems.

It's probably also worth pointing out that the config file I'm using is the
exact same as a config file on another Samba server that is working fine.
The only difference is the other server is sharing a GPFS filesystem and not
a CVFS filesystem.  Note the GPFS tags in the config file --- seems to make
no difference on the broken server, with or without those tags.

-brian

[global]
    workgroup = 8950HIX
    netbios name = QFS