[Samba] StorNext CVFS

Brian McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Sun Nov 14 07:56:57 MST 2010

On 11/13/10 3:08 PM, "Volker Lendecke" <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:07:23PM -0800, Brian McGrew wrote:
>> There is a level 10 log attached.  I stopped samba, cleared the logs,
>> restarted samba, tried to connect, stopped samba and grabbed the logs.
>
> Is it possible you're trying to connect to share "vol2"
> where it should be called "data2"?

No, the shares really are called data1 and data2.  When I first setup Samba
on this machine, the shares were called vol1 and vol2 but that name was
conflicting with shares from other servers.  This Samba server (known as
QFS) is not the only Samba I'm running, but QFS is running stand-alone and
then there is another installation on separate machines running CTDB and
clustered that are exporting vol1 and vol2 which is a GPFS file system.  The
CTDB cluster is working great, it's only the stand alone QFS sharing the
StorNext file system that's giving me problems.

-rbrian