[Samba] Samba for z/OS 1.10

Sat Nov 13 16:04:47 MST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 02:54:48PM +0100, martin.holm at helvetia.ch wrote:
> is there any samba version available for download,
> which runs on IBM MVS, i.e. IBM z/OS 1.10 ...?

There used to be somthing that claimed to run on MVS ages
(and I mean AGES, my rough guess would be 10 years) ago.

> if not, is there a possibility to compile the source code myself
> for the target system?

Sure, if you have something vaguely looking like Posix with
a C compiler, then the chances are not too bad.

I'd love to see Samba running on z/OS, but I fear that
without access to such a box by someone knowledgeable with
the Samba build process you will not get very far. I would
be happy to assist you to get it up and running there.

Volker