[Samba] Problems with ACL jumbo patch

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 13:43:07 MST 2010

Hi

On 10 November 2010 10:22, Derek Lewis <dlewis at mtu.edu> wrote:
> Okay, I search the apt repositories and found three Kerberos libraries:
> libpam-krb5, krb5-auth-dialog and libkrb5-dev.

libkrb5-dev is the one you want.

> After installing, I configured my build with autogen and configure.developer
> as before.  Attempting to make the binaries resulted in the same
> cli_krb5_get_ticket' error as before.

Try making sure you're starting from a clean checkout.  i.e. get rid
of any previous build attempts.  The following should work assuming
you're in the checked out directory and on the right branch:

$ git reset --hard HEAD
$ git clean -dxf

Then do the autogen and configure again.

After running configure.developer, do this (from the source3 directory):

$ grep 'HAVE_KRB5\>' include/config.h

It should print out:

#define HAVE_KRB5 1

since you now have the libkrb5-dev package installed.

> I looked through the options for configure.developer, can I disable Kerberos
> in the configure step and bypass the problem?

I don't know.

Jeremy, any idea why Derek is getting link errors with your ACL jumbo
patch for 3.5.x despite the HAVE_KRB5 check in
source3/libsmb/clikrb5.c?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>