[Samba] StorNext CVFS

Brian McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Sat Nov 13 13:07:23 MST 2010

On 11/13/10 11:30 AM, "Volker Lendecke" <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:39:30AM -0800, Brian McGrew wrote:
>> Morning All!
>>
>> Anyone ever tried exporting a StorNext CVFS filesystem from a Linux box???
>>
>> I¹ve got this Samba server (3.5.6) running on CentOS 5.4 and it¹s working
>> fine, exporting ext3, nfs and an IBM GPFS filesystem just fine.  So I know
>> Samba is good an my configuration is working.
>>
>> I tried to add the exportation of a StorNext CVFS volume and that doesn¹t
>> work.  All the other volumes still work just fine, but when I try to connect
>> to this new volume I get ... Is not accessible, you might not have
>> permission, etc ... The parameter is incorrect.
>
> That should work fine, if that file system is anything like
> posix. Do you have a debug level 10 log of smbd? You might
> also want to strace smbd on that file system.
----
There is a level 10 log attached.  I stopped samba, cleared the logs,
restarted samba, tried to connect, stopped samba and grabbed the logs.

I'm not having very good luck getting strace to attach to the smbd
process???

StorNext CVFS is supposed to be a posix filesystem, and in Unix it appears
to be posix - but I can't say for sure!

Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for in the logs!

-brian