[Samba] Samba Server Configuration GUI

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 07:32:17 MST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Emil Ungurean <emil at cetarad.ro> wrote:
> Obviously tried SWAT also, everytime you modify sometrhing it completely
> rewrites the conf.

it's a text file, even a text editor "rewrites the file" when you save
it.  it's how it has to be done.
if you care what the file looks like, why are you using a gui?  or are
you saying it rewrites part of it wrong?  file a bug report?

I personally don't like swat either, and I don't run graphical
desktops on my servers, so gave up on a gui editor long, long ago.
For adhoc workstation shares, the "user share" stuff in nautilus (or
is it just ubuntu?) seems to work well enough.  For "hand it off to a
non-techie", I use a NAS appliance like openfiler or freenas.