[Samba] FreeBSD 8.1 & Samba4 alpha11 domain controller - cldapd bind problem

Oeboema oeboema at sthuma.nl
Fri Nov 12 01:11:12 MST 2010

> Did you made a testparm -vv|grep cldap, then press enter
> You may see this:
>
> server services = smb, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind,
> ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>        cldap port = 389
>
> First of all server services must point to cldap
> And the cldap port.
>
> If you have another service running on the same port it will not work(ex.:
> openldap does the same port)

Thanks for the tip but I get exactly the same "grep" output; all
server services are pointing to port 389.

I've built a couple of "fresh" systems in order to test this Samba
installation so besides SSH nothing is listening yet on any other port
besides 22 and no firewall running. Maybe I should use OpenLDAP as an
alternative backend for Samba but after some quick googling I've been
reading a lot of reports that OpenLDAP no longer supports UDP......