[Samba] samba over internet slow with images/thumbnails

JP CR jprollerskate at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 22:42:50 MST 2010

Hello,

Iam providing access to many images on a share to windows users from my linux samba over the internet. The problem is that I need thumbnail viewing because of the nature of this library and thumbnails take to much time to load it seems as though it is actually loading the entire image to then display the small thumbnail. Is this true?

Also isnt there some kind of caching that can be activated? Anything to increase this speed. Each image weights about 800kb, and the user is sitting on a 1mbit line but it takes several seconds for each image.

Simply not the best experience.

Thanks

Mark