[Samba] Fwd: Windows 7 problems

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 12:29:43 MST 2010

On 10/11/2010 15:03, henri wrote:

> [...]
Henri,
Yeah, since Vista ntconfig.pol does not work. We have a tool that
translates  contents of ntconfig.pol (which essentially is a registry
hive) into local group policy - it feteches the .pol file from the
netlogon share and does the translation on the fly. I have not fully
tested it on windows 7 (since we moved to samba4) but it worked fine on
Windows XP. You are more than welcome to have it. Note that the script
only supports machine policy.

If you after proper group policy you should consider samba4

Regrds

Luk