[Samba] Problems with ACL jumbo patch
dlewis at mtu.edu
Mon Nov 8 01:31:57 MST 2010
I have been able to get the unpatched versions to compile from git
successfully, though not with the patch implemented.
I followed these steps to compile Samba 3.5.6 with the patch:
1. sudo git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba102510
2. sudo wget http://samba.org/~jra/samba-3-5-x-acl-jumbo-patch.tgz
3. sudo tar -xvf samba-3-5-x-acl-jumbo-patch.tgz
4. cd samba102510
5. sudo git checkout -b my_branch release-3-5-6
6. sudo git am -3 ../samba_patches/samba-3-5-x-acl-jumbo-patch/*.patch
7. cd source3
8. sudo ./autogen.sh
9. sudo ./configure.developer --prefix=/usr/local/samba35
10. sudo make [The build failed on the error 'cli_krb5_get_ticket', in the
function 'spnego_gen_negTokenTarg'. Make: *** [libsmb/clispnego.o] Error 1]
I am still learning how to use git, I wondered if the error messages are the
result of missing a step. I did not explicitly commit the changes, do I
need to update the index or pull in remote files?
I am searching for references to this make error though I have not found
much, except the library: libldap2-dev. I installed it and the problem
Could you recommend other debug options?
From: Miguel Medalha [mailto:miguelmedalha at sapo.pt]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 2:31 AM
To: Derek Lewis
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Problems with ACL jumbo patch
> I still cannot get a successful build with either the original set of
> files or the diff file. Although I can compile samba without the patch,
> could I this be dependency problem or an out of date git version?
It worked for me in both cases. I did it from the sources for 3.5.6
available from the Samba site:
The only problems I found were some glitches in the RPM spec file when
building RPMs for RHEL/CentOS, but those were easily corrected.
More information about the samba