[Samba] Samba 3.5.6, Solaris 10, pam_winbind.so will not link

Robert M. Martel - CSU r.martel at csuohio.edu
Thu Nov 4 14:45:59 MDT 2010

In case others have this problem.

On 10/27/2010 09:50 AM, Robert M. Martel - CSU wrote:
> Linking shared library bin/pam_winbind.so
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> libintl_bindtextdomain ../nsswitch/pam_winbind.o
> libintl_dgettext ../nsswitch/pam_winbind.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> bin/pam_winbind.so
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/pam_winbind.so] Error 1

I ended up adding "-lintl" to several other locations in the "configure"
generated makefile including the first "LIBS" line and on lines for
building the pam winbind shared libraries.

Then I was able to complete the build process.

Robert M. Martel                 I met someone who looks a lot like you
System Administrator             She does the things you do
Levin College of Urban Affairs   But she is an IBM
Cleveland State University                           -Jeff Lynne
(216) 687-2214
r.martel at csuohio.edu