[Samba] CTDB and PDC Role

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Nov 2 02:13:59 MDT 2010

As far as I tried a pdc/bdc with ladp backend (Master/Slave). I always need
to point from both pdc and bdc to one wins.
So my pdc is exactly the wins and the bdc points to wins server=pdc. So if
the pdc fails there is no wins anymore. And in my case more than half of the
users could not authenticate anymore. So I never succeeded to have a 100%
failover.
If this have changed I would be happy to know.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24