[Samba] CTDB and PDC Role

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:58:43 MDT 2010

Hi, I'm looking to install a new 2-node Samba3 cluster. The cluster
will be responsible for Domain Management and file/printer serving.
How does the PDC/BDC roles work with CTDB enabled?, does the cluster
appear as just one machine (and PDC)?.

In the past I've configured PDC/BDC pairs with OpenLDAP as backend and
DRBD for active/passive file serving. Now it sounds nice to have
active/active nodes. The best configuration example of a CTDB cluster
I've seen uses an external AD DC for authentication, that's why I
doubt about this feature mixed with CTDB.

Ref: http://sambaxp.org/files/SambaXP2010-DATA/Rolf_Schmidt.pdf

Regards,

--
Ciro Iriarte