[Samba] Win7 blue screen when accessing a previous version of a share

Uri Simchoni uri_simchoni at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 22:39:36 MDT 2010

Hi,

I have Samba server ver 3.2.15, and a share set up with previous versions (the shadow_copy2 vfs module). The server has been patched to support previous versions in Win7 - a bug that's been fixed in more recent versions of Samba.

Using a specific file set and Win7 Explorer, I right-click on the share, select "Restore previous versions", double click on on a previous version and double click on a folder inside the the previous version. At this point the Win7 goes blue screen.

I verified this is not specific to a specific client, and narrowed it into a single folder with 2 files in it. Remove either of them and it does not happen. Does not happen with a Win2k3 server.

Is anyone familiar with such a scenario?

Thanks,
Uri.