[Samba] To create Samba domain

Kyung-sub Han dichks at otto.co.kr
Mon May 31 00:40:14 MDT 2010

Dear all,

I installed Samba version 3.2.7-11.9.1-2306-SUSE-CODE11 on Linux SuSE 11.

I tried to create Samba domain and groups following as:

>net getlocalsid testserver

SID for domain testserver is: S-1-5-21-3489264249-1556752242-1837584028

>net groupmap add sid= S-1-5-21-3489264249-1556752242-1837584028
ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=ntadmin

 adding entry for group System Managers failed

>net groupmap add ntgroup="System Managers" unixgroup=sysadmin

 No rid or sid specified, choosing a RID

Got RID 1005

adding entry for group System Managers failed!

I don't know what major problems are there and how to solve these problems.

Could you please tell me some hints what predicated steps before to create
Samba domain or major problems for my try?

Thank you,

Kyung-sub Han

Team Manager
IT P&C Team

OTTO KOREA LTD.

Boryung Bldg. 3F

66-21 Wonnamdong, Jongnogu

Seoul 110-750, Korea

Phone: 82-2-3706-0101

Fax: 82-2-3706-0197

E-mail:  <mailto:dichks at otto.co.kr> dichks at otto.kr

are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error),
please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
e-mail is strictly forbidden.

6 Before printing this e-mail, please consider if it is really necessary.