[Samba] URGENT! Issues after upgrade from Ubuntu Dapper to Lucid

Igor Rakuša igor.rakusa at gmx.com
Mon May 31 01:34:48 MDT 2010

Hello,

rejoining was not possible (semaphore timeout when trying to rejoin). I
tried to use .deb file for ubuntu 8.04 (Samba 3.0.28). Samba worked
better but logging into domain was still not possible. So I tried to use
deb file from Dapper Ubuntu (6.06) - Samba 3.0.22 (which was first
version on this server). Doing that I had some issues with libraries and
resolved them with some ugly hacking (basically copying some libraries
.so -> .so.2). Now Samba 3.0.22 successfully launches and runs without
problems. It seems that upgrading Samba is harder to do than I was
thinking. Good to know for future. Always do it on a test machine before!

Thanks!