[Samba] permission issues between 3.4.0 & 3.0.3?

Alex Perez quimicefa at gmail.com
Fri May 28 01:47:44 MDT 2010

In addition to my original post:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-May/155924.html

In the server side (windows 2k3) with a share "share1" and the following dir
structure:

c://share1/dir1/dir2/target

c:/share1: sharing tab= test_user can read/write; permission tab: test_user
has all but full control;
dir1/dir2: none of them have any permision to the test_user directly or
inherited.
target: test_user can read/write ... (all but full control).

I tested the same with CentOS 3.X, 4.x, 5.x (none of them could list the
share nor create new files)
And with Ubuntu 8.04, 9.10, 10.?: with Ubuntu 8.04 can't read the share, but
on 9.10 yes.

I want to get this working on CentOS, but I still don't know which component
has the bug/contraint/missing feature. Maybe samba? samba-client? cifs
kernel module? kernel version?

I need to identify which component is causing this behaviour in order to
patch/upgrade it in a CentOS 4.8.

Thanks.

--
3rd Law of Computing:
Anything that can go wrSegmentation fault -- core dumped.