[Samba] smb/cifs share network speed testing

Iap iapyeh at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:03:46 MDT 2010

The dbench/tbench seems to be quite a good tool to measure the performance
of a samba share.
But I am confused by the dbench.

I got a copy of dbench from the git address in the download section of
http://dbench.samba.org.
After the "make",  there is no tbench, neither smbtorture.

Another copy of dbench from http://samba.org/ftp/tridge/dbench.
After the "make", there is tbench , dbench , no smbtorture.
The problem is that this dbench does not accept -B (--backend) option.

As for the smbtorture, it seems no place to download.

Iap