[Samba] User in Samba 4

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Thu May 27 02:45:20 MDT 2010

2010/5/27 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte at rpn.ch>:
> Thank you for your reply, I tried to do:
>
> ldbsearch-H / usr / local / samba / private / sam.ldb
>
> but I see no user name!

What about with:

$ /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -u

When I run that against a new Samba4 installation after running
setup/provision and then creating a user with "net newuser" I get
this:

$ /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -u
Administrator
Guest
krbtgt
dns
michael

> And for the package I install, it's probably a version for ubuntu, because on OpenSUSE, it does not exist!

The packages necessary for the ldapsearch are the OpenLDAP client
utilities and the SASL GSSAPI mechanism.  On Ubuntu these are
ldap-utils and either libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heimdal or
libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit.  I don't know what they are on OpenSUSE.

You probably want to use the "net" command and "wbinfo" etc., rather
than ldbsearch or ldapsearch.  Or you can use the GUI tools from a
Windows machine as mentioned on the Samba4 HOWTO.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>