[Samba] FW: disconnecting user from only one share

Andrew Masterson Andrew.Masterson at nuvistaenergy.com
Wed May 26 10:35:46 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of raveenpl
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:18 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] disconnecting user from only one share

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody knows any way to disconnect/logout user
only from one share.

One of my user is using serveral samba shares. I would like to
disconnect
him only from one share. I noticed that killing PID of smbd subprocess
causes disconnecting from all used shares - I can not afford it, because
other shares are used by critical for my user applications.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

smbstatus -p | grep <username>
gives you the process IDs associated with a user

smbstatus | grep <PID>
will tell you which service each instance is connected with, so you can
disconnect only the instance connected to a particular service.

-=Andrew