[Samba] Samba + CUPS

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Thu May 20 13:36:28 MDT 2010

>>> On 2010/05/20 at 13:43, Damien J Dye <damien.j.dye at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why are you not using the cups printer drivers in the cups enviroment there
> are both x64 and i386 versions and gets round the issues with broken drivers
> and allows cups features to be passed to windows.

There are several "special" function of my printers (networked copiers, actually) that need to be supported, and I don't believe the CUPS driver contains this support.  Things like sending the printout to a storage box on the copier that waits for someone to walk up and print it (Mailbox/Document Server), duplexing, hole punching, stapling, N-up, etc.  I have not tried the CUPS printer drivers, yet, so perhaps these features get passed through, but some of those features aren't even present in the PPD file that I use for CUPS.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.