[Samba] unable to join to a Samba4 domain

Hoover, Tony hoover at salina.k-state.edu
Thu May 20 08:26:48 MDT 2010

Try adding these SRV entries to your DNS server:
---
_ldap._tcp.samba4.my.domain.   IN    SRV    0    0    389
ldapserver.samba4.my.domain.
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba4.my.domain.    IN    SRV    0    0    389
ldapserver.samba4.my.domain.
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.samba4.my.domain.
IN    SRV    0    0    389    ldapserver.samba4.my.domain.
_kerberos._tcp.samba4.my.domain.    IN    SRV    0    0    88
kerberosserver.samba4.my.domain.
_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba4.my.domain.    IN    SRV    0    0    88
kerberosserver.samba4.my.domain.
---
Where ldapserver.samba4.my.domain is the FQDN of the LDAP server in your
domain (samba4 domain controller?), and kerberosserver.samba4.my.domain.
is the FQDN of your kerberos server (also your samba4 domain
controller?)

If you have multiple domain controllers, you will need to have the full
set of SRV records point to the each of the DCs.

Good luck.

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology and Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."