[Samba] Preventing Windows from changing file permissions

av78us vaal av78us at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 03:19:28 MDT 2010

Hi Jeremy, tms3,

Thanks for your responses.

I had tried "nt acl support = no", but It didn't help. I tried placing it under my share [homes] and also under [global]. Both didn't help.

The group and world write bits are getting set unless I prevent it by using a "create mask". The application I am using is "Beyond Compare" on a Windows XP desktop.

"create mask" is not what I want because I do not want any changes to the permission of Unix files - neither setting any bits nor clearing any.

Best regards,
Aneesh