[Samba] RE : RE : Example of command ". / Setup / provision"

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:48:55 MDT 2010

2010/5/19 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte at rpn.ch>:
> Because the realm of the HOWTO shows that it is necessary to use the complete name of the server it is false?

No, the HOWTO does not have the server name in the realm.  "samdom" is
not the server name.

> I have put:
>
> - Realm=serveur-tpi.domaine.ch
>
> And
>
> - Domain=domaine.ch (I am to oblige to put it otherwise I cannot join any more the domain with a client)

No.  "--domain" must not have a "." in it.  Use "--realm=domaine.ch
--domain=DOMAINE".

> And afterward, I changed the name of NetBIOS in the file " smb.conf " and I put "Samba".

I did not have to do that when I tested Samba4.  I just used
"--realm=something.org.za --domain=SOMETHING" and the server's name
was kudu.something.org.za.

> Here is the named.conf which comes from the directory " / etc. / "

Do you have a DOMAIN.CH zone in addition to the one created by
provision in /usr/local/samba/private?  Where did you put the #include
statement?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>