[Samba] Samba 4 and nsswitch

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Tue May 18 12:16:13 MDT 2010

Having some difficulties determining which way to go here.

Have an Ubuntu 10.2 server running S4Alpha11.  The samba stuff is
working well enough (though with a bit too much idle CPU
consumption--haven't go there yet).

However, I can't get proper responses for file system and user/group
lookup.

With AD in Samba 3 nsswitch.conf was

passwd:         files winbind
group:          files winbind
shadow:         files winbind

which doesn't work...um...as I don't see winbindd running...should
have been a clue.

Anywho...

I suppose with S4 it would be right to use

files ldap

?

And ldap client and nss_ldap?  ldap SASL client?

Just asking before I start thrashing about.  Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

TMS III