[Samba] Fwd: RE: Problems 'make'ing on Solaris 9/10

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:56:07 MDT 2010

Thanks for the advice.  I am continuing to work on trying to compile
Samba 3.4.8 or 3.5.2.

I am now using the GCC4 compiler from blastwave.  The sunfreeware one
appears to be 32-bit only.  Since I am running 64-bit OS I would like to
stick with 64-bit as much as possible.

I am making decent progress with Samba 3.4.8

If I set
     --enable-shared=yes

I can not compile.  If I set
     --enable-shared=no
or
     --enable-shared=somemodule,someothermodule

it can compile.  I think it has problems with libtdb unless libtdb is
static.

I also need to leave the "--with-netapi" option out completely.
I can not compile with "--with-ads=yes."  I think this may be related to
shared library support problems.   I don't actually need ads support-  I
just need to configure trusts with Active Directory domains.

I have symlinked "/usr/ccs/bin/ld -> /opt/csw/bin/ld"  -  since "make"
attempts to pass options to ld that are not legit for non-gnu ld.   I
haven't tried your recommended changes yet-  I was trying to track down
what would or wouldn't compile with ld symlinked.

I will let you know what happens once I do try the changes you recommended.