[Samba] Samba & Alternate Data Streams

Marten Gajda marten.gajda at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon May 17 13:42:44 MDT 2010

Am 17.05.2010 18:18, schrieb John Drescher:
> I thought that the streams do not work without the streams_xattr
> module. Did you set that up on your samba server?

I don't have any vfs module enabled. So at least some streams do work
without streams_xattr. As I already mentioned the :Zone-Identifier
stream is working to a certain degree.
If I store a file (with Firefox) on the share this stream is created and
the explorer property sheet evaluates its content and tells me the file
is from the internet (I can "unlock" the file too).
It also works if I manually fakes the file's origin. But on the other
hand, this stream is not created when I copy a file from another NTFS drive.
As there is no use for xattrs in my file system I'd like to get this
stuff working without them.

Marten