[Samba] Samba4-alpha11

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 17 01:38:57 MDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 17:21 -0700, tms3 at tms3.com wrote:

> [...]

The basic idea is to create a wrapper script for 'provision' (see the
provision function in scripting/python/samba/provision.py) that reads
the Samba3 files and writes them into the newly created Samba4 database.

There are existing efforts - so lots of code to start working with - but
nothing finished yet.  Talk to metze and jelmer before you start, as
they will be able to give you a *lot* of pointers.

Then, if you get anywhere, or you need more pointers, post to
samba-technical and we can try to help.

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.