[Samba] multi-homed samba PDC and NetApp filers

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri May 14 18:52:30 MDT 2010

Carl G. Riches put forth on 5/14/2010 7:14 PM:
> We are having a problem getting a NetApp filer to re-join a samba
> domain after a move to a new network.  The filer worked fine with
> samba before the move.  Apologies in advance for the long missive.

I don't know about others here, but it sure would help me understand what
the actual problem is if you would define, in detail, what you mean when you
say:

"a move to a new network"

Does this mean:

1.  A new building or wing with different switches/routers/cabling
2.  A move to a different city/state/country
3.  A new Windows Domain
4.  A new TCP/IP network class (i.e. from C to A)

Troubleshooting anything successfully is identifying what has changed
between a working state and a failed state.  Identify what things have
changed and you should be one giant leap closer to a solution.  At the very
least that information will allow "me" to help you, and probably other on
this list.

--
Stan