[Samba] Vista error 67 The network name cannot be found

osp at aloha.com osp at aloha.com
Fri May 14 12:22:11 MDT 2010

> how are you supplying the server with the username from the failing client
>
> the username should be sambaservername\username so that the samba
> server can authenticate against it's local sam.
>
> regards
>
> --
> Damien Dye BSC(hon)

You are correct, and I have tried it both ways. I have also tried using the
IP addess, as in

net use x: \\10.0.1.1\work-clear /user:10.0.1.1\g8team

I get the password promt, then a long pause, then the error 67 network name
could not be found.

I am thinking that the Vista client has been locked down so that it can
only connect to domain members. Is that even possible? Is there a command I
can use to list the GPOs in effect? Moot point, because the users will not
be able to change those.

Thanks again,

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project