[Samba] Re-Installing samba on new hard drive

Leandro Tracchia ltracchia at gmail.com
Wed May 12 07:13:41 MDT 2010

I'm currently running samba as a primary domain controller on Ubuntu
8.04. I am going to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 onto a new hard
drive and install that distribution's samba package. This will replace
my current installation. I don't plan on changing the configuration
file (smb.conf). The configuration file from my current samba
installation will be copied to the new installation.

How will my Window clients that are joined to the current domain handle this?
Will they have to re-join the "new" domain, even though its not a new
domain since its the same configuration file?