[Samba] new users, new group, can't access share

Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br
Wed May 12 07:01:20 MDT 2010

Hi everyone. I have a Samba 3.4.7 (bpo) on a debian box running as PDC
with a LDAP backend. i have added a new group, 2 new users and created a
new group share for them, but by some unknown reason they cannon access
the share. the client is running windows vista. here's what i did:

    smbldap-groupadd -a office
    smbldap-useradd -a -m user1
    smbldap-useradd -a -m user2
    smbldap-passwd user1
    smbldap-passwd user2
    smbldap-usermod -G +office user1
    smbldap-usermod -G +office user2

and added the following entry to my smb.conf:

    [office]
            writeable = yes
            map acl inherit = yes
            inherit permissions = yes
            path = /home/grupos/office
            force directory mode = 02777
            force create mode = 0777
            create mask = 0777
            directory mask = 02777
            valid users = @office

here is the folder permissions:

    fileserver:~# ls -ld /home/grupos/office/
    drwxrwx--- 2 root office 4096 2010-05-12 09:30 /home/grupos/office/

did i missed something?

Tks in advance.
--
Leonardo Carneiro