[Samba] Problems 'make'ing on Solaris 9.

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue May 11 14:17:52 MDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 10:52 AM, Björn Jacke wrote:
> On 2010-05-07 at 07:14 -0400 Gaiseric Vandal sent off:
>
>> Which I really don't get since /usr/local/bin/ld is the the path.
>> I think Sunfreeware GCC was compiled to export /usr/ccs/bin/ld
>>
> ... which is the root cause of most of the gcc build issues that people had on
> Solaris. This will be fixed in 3.5.3. You can try to manually apply the fixes
> mentioned in bug #7385 and see if they help you out.
>
> Cheers
> Björn

Thanks -  I will give that I try.

I will also try Sun Studio again -  although last time I didn't get very
far.

I have also tried -  several ways- of recompiling GCC 4 so that I have a
"gnu-ld" version of  GCC.  And of course that fails....  since which
ever GCC  3 compiler I use has various linker errors.

Unfortunately the samba that is compiled by either sunfreeware or
blastwave seems to lack full zfs and nsswitch-winbindd support.