[Samba] Problems printing with samba 3.5.2

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue May 11 09:32:26 MDT 2010

Al 11/05/10 14:26, En/na Guenther Deschner ha escrit:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 08:22:46PM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> Ok, I finally deployed samba 3.5.2 (upgrading from 3.0.11) on the real server after testing for a while in virtualbox.
>> There's a strange problem with printing: sometimes an application gives an error printing (of course the error message is meaningless, this is windows after all) and/or the job gets lost in transit.
>> After that stopping and restarting the local print spool service solves the problem for a while.
>> This happened on a couple of xp clients but I fear tomorrow I'll see more of those :-( so I'll have the chance to capture more detailed logs.
>>
>> I see these messages in /var/log/messages, don't know if they're related to the problem at hand (I oubt it):
>
> Can you please open a bugreport at bugzilla.samba.org and provide as much
> information as possible about this ? Please also attach a log level 10
> logfile and if possible a network trace
> (http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets).
>
> Thanks,

Hi,
today has been a bit difficult, now that I have offloaded printing to a
second server (with samba 3.3.12) I suppose I'll have more time tomorrow
to capture some logs.

Thank you
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007