[Samba] samba3 and samba4 in the same domain?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue May 11 03:24:22 MDT 2010

Am 11.05.2010 10:40, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

>> Something like "wipe out all Samba4 users, retrieve/synchronize them
>> again from Samba3 LDAP once a day" would be sufficient for me for a start.
>
> I really would not do that.  If a machine or user has changed their
> password, then the wipe will do bad things.

This should not be the case.

I need this only to provide access to Sharepoint, provided by a AD environment.

In other words, I want AD to trust Samba4.

Or, perhaps I don't even have to use Samba4, as Samba3 is sufficient?

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/InterdomainTrusts.html#id2621046

Can anyone comment?

Supposing I have an AD domain (trustee) and a SAMBA3
(trusted) domain, so that SAMBA3 users could use AD resources (namely
sharepoint) without a need for a separate account?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org