[Samba] FreeIPA + samba 4, any news?

Bernd Markgraf bernd.markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Mon May 10 14:17:03 MDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not a developer but am using S4 as PDC for our Windows domain.
Samba's LDAP+Kerberos also serve a number of Solaris and Linux machines
with users, automount maps and all the things I needed so far.
As expected (and the main reason to use S4) all clients use the same
user credentials. So far I've seen no real problems. Ok there were a few
smaller issues initially, but thanks to the Samba team those were
resolved pretty fast. So I'm a happy user now.
Of course as this is still work in progress, so your mileage may vary.

 Bernd